WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Foundation Review #1

I, more than anyone knows how difficult it is to select the perfect foundation. When I say perfect, I mean the perfect texture, the perfect shade, the perfect packaging, etc. There is always something that is missing. So this month, once a week Im going to do reviews on finding the right foundation for you. Also I will offer recommendations. Now, I know most people say try it on your hand to see if it matches but that does not work. If you are anything like me, I have wasted a lot of money that way. My hand and my face are two totally different shades for what ever reason or the other. So the first rule to live by when picking out foundation is SPEAK UP! I don't care if you are buying from Mac, Walmart, or Walgreens. When it is time to pick out foundation always ask one of the store attendants to help you. Not just by showing you where it is but with matching it up to your face. ASK THEM TO OPEN IT AND MATCH IT UP. Don't be shy, they will do it. Its your money and you don't want to waste it on a product you cant use. Besides, that's what they are there for. Don't do it yourself because not only do you need their assistance you also need their eyes. Other people see things differently and although it may look alright to you in the mirror, you do need the second opinion of someone else. The goal is for it to look as natural and smooth as possible. I hate to see a woman with "casket ready" makeup. You know, the one that's always caked up and on. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. So the right shade, texture, and brand is very important whether using liquid or powder.

  My first recommendation for the month is a very inexpensive one when it come to foundation. This was the very first foundation I fell in love with. It is L'oreal's True Match foundation. This foundation is wonderful especially for the price. It is very smooth on your skin, will last all day and will not clog your pores. My suggestion is that you clean your face very well and use a non- oil based moisturizer before applying. If not, depending on your skin complexion it will leave you with that "ashy" look. For black women the shade cool c8 cocoa pretty much matches most complexions. Unless you are light skinned. Well, depending on what shade of light skinned. But either way this is still a good brand. I have not tried the liquid, only the powder so that's what I suggest. This foundation can be found at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and I think I even purchased some at Publix once. It runs about ten dollars but depending on how often you apply it, it lasts for a pretty decent amount of time. My only complaint is that the mirror is on the back side of the compact. That part I hate but the good outweighs the bad. So ladies there is your first foundation recommendation. Enjoy......

L'oreal True Match Foundation shade : cool c8 cocoa

this is an old compact but this is what it looks like....

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! Just discovered it while google-ling "best foundation for very dark complexions," (which is a ridiculous thing to have to do...)

    Anyway, I checked out this post on TruMatch and the other on Revlon Color Stay. Think I'm going to give Revlon a shot first.

    Great blog & very much appreciated. Love that you have pic for readers. That's a huge plus.

    Keep doing your thing. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete