WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cant find the right foundation? CHECK THIS OUT......

So last week I started a series about finding the right foundation for you. As promised for the rest of this month, once a week, I'm going to feature a foundation. Last week it was L'oreal's TrueMatch.  This week the foundation recommendation is Revlon's Colorstay with softflex comfort technology. I have been waiting all week to do this blog entry. All I can say is WOW! This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I am not a fan of liquid foundation but I can honestly say this is it. It gives full coverage without giving that "casket ready" look. It does not rub off on everything and when I wear it my skin can breathe, I forget that I have it on. Not to mention the fantastic oil control. So after a week of use, this is now my daily foundation of choice. I was sleeping on this for a long time but I'm glad I found it now. I have heard that Revlon's other foundations are just as good and when I try them I will be sure to let ya'll know. Now as far as matching this foundation up to your skin it can be tricky. It took me twenty minutes to decide which was the best choice. For dark skinned women we have three choices. Cappuccino, Mocha, or Mahogany. They each come in the choice of dry skin or combination/oily skin. With Cappuccino it has a lot of red tones to it. So even though dark skinned women can wear it I wouldn't because I don't like the whole red thing with my foundations. Mahogany on the other hand has no red tones to it at all. Which is a little to ashy looking for my skin. Mocha is the middle man of the two which is the color I use. It even looks a little reddish when you first apply it but once it dries it is the perfect match for me. I apply this foundation with an item I got from JoAnn's Fabrics for thirty five cents, called a shellac sponge. Whatever you use to apply it please make sure to use a little water also. It will give a natural look as opposed to that painted on look. If its a brush wet the tip a little, if its a sponge dip the ends. There is a video on Youtube of my application process and a review of the product. Channel is Kingdom Beauty (simply put) Tutorials: Revlon's Colorstay application and review part 1&2. This foundation can be found at any Walmart, Walgreens or CVS. Its about fourteen dollars but worth the price. This is a makeup "must have". Ladies enjoy.........

No comments:

Post a Comment