WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rimmel London's Blush and Highlight....Product Review... Check this out!!!!!!!!!

I know a lot of African American women hate blush. Well, if you don't really know about makeup then I guess you have a reason to. You are probably having flash backs of your mom or maybe even an older aunt that use to wear bright rouge or plum blush on the apples of her cheeks alllllllllll the way up to her ears. I know ya'll know what I'm talking about LOL. Yes, that is a mess but we have come so far when it comes to makeup since then. I know it left a sour taste in your mouth but really,.....its not like that anymore. I have always liked blush but I would only wear it on special occasions. That's because I only knew one way to apply it and I don't want to look that made up all the time. I don't always want to look like a "black china doll" (ya'll know thats what old people always say lol). So, the more I got into makeup I learned that blush, especially for blacks, can be our best friend. Not just blush but highlights also. They work as a team. For darker skinned women if you wear foundation, blushes and highlights are definitely something you should be using. It brightens up the whole face. It helps add dimension to the face. The colors that you use are totally up to you. I have dark blushes and bright highlights. Also shimmery highlights(I hate shimmery blush). I also have a very natural blush and highlight set by NYC(I featured it in a blog entry this past week or weekend). I also use bronzers as highlights because I don't like the idea of my whole face being shimmery. Later this week or early next week I will go into detail and actually do a tutorial on how to apply blush and highlights. I'm still learning techniques but I pretty much have the hang of it. Right now, I learning appropriate colors for different skin tones. The more I learn I will share with you.

  So on to the product review. A highlight and blush set that I recently purchased is by Rimmel London. I only use it for a highlight because I am so dark but I think it will be beautiful as a blush on a lighter skin tone. You have to a apply it a little at a time to build the amount of highlight you want because it is light and it has a shimmer to it. If not applied correctly, it will leave you looking a little ashy,which is what happened to me the first day lol but I'll take that one for the team:). I apply it directly under my eyes and to the highest points of my cheeks bones, NOT THE APPLES OF MY CHEEKS.  Some people apply highlight on the bridge of their nose but my nose is a little too big for that so I just stick to my cheek bones. The point of a highlight is to lighten your face and reflect light on the highest points of your face. So where ever you want the light to hit, that's where you apply it. For beginners, I say stick to the highs of your cheeks. Make sure you also use some type of blush to the apples of your cheeks to even out the color. Rimmel London does have other blushes so if you would like you could even use a blush from this brand. This blush/highlight is sheer and lasts all day. It is also very easy to blend. I really like it. I got it from CVS on sale for a dollar but I think original price is four dollars. Which I would gladly pay. I don't like the little brush that comes with it but I guess if you are on the go its okay. If you like highlights please give this product a try. If you are a beginner this is also a good place to start. Enjoy..........





i have it on in this pic but this is a picture I took about 8 hours after applying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment