WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Monday, June 6, 2011

Braid Update..........CHECK THIS OUT!

My braids have been in for about a month and a half. Actually since April 20th. I promised when I put them in that I would give you all an update so here it is.

  I will be honest, I have not shampooed them completely yet. I did kinda a co wash a few weeks ago but not really a shampoo. I know that's bad. For the whole first month I don't think I even wrapped them up at night. That's bad also. Over the last two weeks or so I have been a little more diligent in caring for my braids. I started putting mango lime locking gel on them for fuzziness. I also use mousse like once a week. Mousse works well on braids when they are old. I apply pure shea butter on my scalp or my botanical oil by Design Essentials. I just recently redid my edges on Friday and I normally use the edge control wax by Design Essentials for that. As far as hair growth, I have maybe an inch worth of new growth. You cant really tell from the front but the middle is a complete mess. As I told my Youtube subscribers, I do plan to ride these out for another two to three weeks. At that time I think I'm going to start a hair journey so I can do weekly updates on my hair regimen and monthly updates on my hair growth process. I want to do something different so I don't know if I should get a major hair cut then start it, or go natural and start the hair journey. Although I want to try something different my hair is three kinds of nappy so I know that going natural would take a lot of time and patience. We'll see. So anyway that's the braid update. Enjoy.................




No comments:

Post a Comment