WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Finding Your Spring/Summer Fashion Color.... CHECK THIS OUT!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PLEASE IGNORE THE MAKEUP IN THIS PICTURE. I was at the beach and I had a long day. Anyway, this blog entry is about finding your spring/summer color. I know a lot of dark skinned women don't like to wear bright colors because of our skin complexion. The truth of the the matter is, we look great in bright colors and this is the best time of year for us. Now there are all different shades of "dark skin". I personally think I'm definitely on the darker side of dark skin. In the summer,the skin on my body has a red undertone but the skin on my face has a blue undertone. I'm guessing that that has a little to do with my face being exposed to the sun. So although dark skin looks good in any bright color, for the most part,(except emerald green, it leaves us looking washed out) this year I discovered that my spring/summer color is yellow. Different shades of yellow. Last year it was teals and blues. Now I could get into the science of what undertones go with what colors but since every dark complexion is so different my best advice is to just try some stuff on until you find it. Now whatever color you find does not mean that that's the only color you wear this season, it just means it should be your color of focus. I don't have very many pieces of yellow clothing at all but I do play up the color yellow when it comes to makeup and accessories also. This past Sunday I wore dull orange but I wore yellow eyeshadow and I was getting compliments all day on my makeup. Even experiment a little with nail polish. Now in case you are new to this I have posted pictures of color ideas below for darker skin tones. Teals, Blues, Yellows, Oranges and Pinks. Also pink/orange blends look good on us, like coral and peach. These are all colors you have to try up against your own skin tone. Even if it looks good on someone else it may not work for you. An example is, my cousin Farrah and I aren't too far from being the same skin tone. My color for this season is yellow and I personally think hers is any color in the orange family. The bright oranges aren't looking too good on me right now. I can pull it off, I'm sure, but definitely not as good as I could do yellows. What may work for her may not work for me. So go through your closet, or even visit your nearest clothing store. Experiment with color matching. Find your color and put your best fashion foot forward this summer. Enjoy...................................






No comments:

Post a Comment