WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Friday, May 20, 2011

Homemade Tinted Moisturizer..... CHECK THIS OUT!

I was trying to think of a way to get the best use out of the last little bit of my TrueMatch compact. I came up with making a tinted moisturizer. The point of a tinted moisturizer is to add moisture and a hint of color to your face. It is a very light coverage and I love using this on those days where I really don't want to wear makeup but I want a really smooth finish. It also works well when it is hot outside. MAC among other brands offer this same product for about forty dollars depending on the brand but I would rather make my own for a few reasons. Its cheaper, I can get a more accurate match to my actual skin complexion if I do it myself and I control the amount of coverage. Ive found that some tinted moisturizers look like actual foundation instead of moisturizer. So what I did was I took the remaining makeup out of my compact and crushed it in a bowl. Then I added a little of my Victoria Secret Soft Focus foundation. Next, I added a little distilled water and non scented lotion. The last thing was I added a spoon of pure glycerin and milk of magnesia. I mixed it all and let it sit for about an hour for thickness then I added to a bottle. Just that simple. I also think that you could use this very same process to make a liquid bronzer but instead of foundation replace it with the bronzer of your choice. For visual instructions on making this product please visit my YouTube channel, Kingdom Beauty(simply put) and the tutorial is Homemade Tinted Moisturizer. Alright ladies enjoy..............

No comments:

Post a Comment