WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Inexpensive, Quality Makeup Brushes.............

One of the best tools you can have when starting out doing or learning about makeup are brushes. I know with make up brushes they do tend to run a little expensive but there are some great cheap ones that you can purchase. The first brand of brushes I ever used was Eco Tools. These brushes can be purchased at basically any drug store and are certainly worth the few dollars you'll have to spend on them. Recently while shopping at Target I found a set by Sonia Kashuk that I really liked. It was a travel set for about $20. There are about six to eight brushes in the case and I love it because when Im in a rush I don't have to try to gather up the basic brushes I need. I just grab my case and keep it moving. Sonia Kashuk offers a wide assortment of brushes and most of them are worth the money. Be careful when picking out brushes so that you do not get hard or stiff ones(unless you need stiff ones for a certain purpose like eyebrows). The softer the brush is the easier it will be to blend your makeup. Along the lines of my recently purchased brushes are paint brushes. Yes, paint brushes lol. The set I got yesterday I purchased at JoAnn Fabrics and I love them because I really needed some appropriate sized brushes for my gel liners. When it comes to makeup you are not limited to only using actual makeup brushes. Sometimes paint brushes work just as well and are cheaper for the set. The ones from yesterday were only four dollars. These brushes can be purchased at any fabric store but I love the ones at JoAnn Fabrics. There are other, more expensive, brushes that you can purchase from Mac or Sephora but fortunately with makeup  brushes you can cut corners and still get great results.  Ladies enjoy...........

p.s with any brush, especially after cleaning you can expect a little shedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment