WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Sunday, April 17, 2011

From day to night

So I got up this morning and did my make up for church. Went out to eat directly after and by the time I made it home I only had a few minutes before my date. Freshening up everything else and finding something to wear... not a problem(well not a big problem lol anyone who knows me knows Im fussy about clothes). Anyway so washing my face and doing a full fresh face of make up? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Even if I really had the energy to do it, its way too time consuming and I was already late. So I rushed to pat my face(not my eyes) down with a baby wipe and apply a few strokes of finishing powder and blush but my eyes didnt have that "night out" look. Simple fix? Black eyeshadow. Now I must admit depending on the look sometimes black is too harsh but you can do this with any dark color. Whether it be brown, navy blue, a purple or maybe even a forest green. Each of these colors can be a way to transform a daytime eye into a night time eye. Simply use a crease brush or blending brush to add on top of the current shadow in the outer corner of the eye and blend into the crease. Yes my fellow dark skinned sisters, WE CAN WEAR A SMOKY EYE:). A light hand and blending is the key to making that night time smoky eye a success. Now because Im not afraid of color and I dont mind being a little over the top, I added some yellow to the very inner corners of my eyes to make this look pop. If you watched yesterdays tutorial you will see that with the day time look I did today I used the same technique from yesterday. I just simply did an orangey type of gold instead of the hot pink. When it was time to transform I simply added my black and yellow. It may seem complicated but its a very simple look. Dont be afraid to try it ladies lol. Its not as bad as it seems. Enjoy........
daytime eyes......





night time eyes........





No comments:

Post a Comment