WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fighting oily skin in summer heat? Check this out.....

 Although summer isn't here yet the heat definitely is. Unfortunately, for my skin that creates a problem. With heat comes oil and with oil comes acne. Smh, I absolutely hate it. But a few years ago I started using astringent better known as toner. Not only does it reduce oil but it also prevents breakouts. Now true enough I dont really use it the way that I should (which two to three times a day) but with the amonut that I do use it, I see results. I can also see a big difference when I have missed a day or so. If you wear makeup this is definitely something that you must do. Soap and water wont cut it. Also depending on the soap you use it also sometimes leaves behind residue which can cause breakouts. Toner will get the residue of any left over soap, makeup, dirt and oil. So my recommendation is Neutrogena. They have one thats is called Clear Pore and another that is for sensitive skin. Its about five dollars a bottle but it is worth the money. You can pick up toner at basically any drug store and definitely Walmart. Please be sure to follow the directions on the back of the bottle to avoid overdrying your skin. Okay, now that you know you take the first step towards clear skin. Ladies enjoy........

No comments:

Post a Comment