WELCOME....................................

Im so glad that you decided to join me today. As stated in the description, this blog is geared towards women of the darker skin tone. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I'm still learning my way around this thing so it might be a little weak at first but I will do my best to do continual improvements. Enjoy.....

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

HAIR UPDATE...I'M NATURAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So a few days ago I randomly did the big chop. No specific reason. I had more than one reason for wanting to do it but not one in particular that made me come to this conclusion. I was just sick of the hair routine of trying to figure out what I was going to do every week. I was tired of doing my hair. I was bored with my hair and being natural was the one thing I haven't experienced yet so..............I cut it all off. I must say unless you are extremely confident, this is not the thing to do. It definitely shook me for a few days but by day 4, I was extremely in love with it. And I still am. I will say that I think I know my hair on a more personal level now. I have always done my own hair since I was twelve years old but I never knew that my hair was this texture under all those relaxers and weaves. I had no clue what I was in for. My hair does have a nice curl pattern but it is equally as nappy. I put a softener on it originally but my natural hair is very coarse and stubborn so that did me no good. I had to come up with a regimen which I will explain in another blog but that's the only way my hair looks decent. I have to manipulate it while its wet. Meaning, I wet it, comb it all the way through and then I add product that I know will hold it in place. That product is a mixture of things I created myself. Its really working for me. So anyway its been exactly a week today since I did it but I will keep you posted on color, products and whatever other weird experiments and finds that I come up with. Enjoy......................

   

No comments:

Post a Comment